The general rule of thumb is that sewer lines should be cleaned out every 18 - 22 months. But the truth is, most homeowners get their sewers cleaned out on an as needed basis.
The problem with cleaning out the sewer line after it's clogged is that the cost of the cleaning can go up.
After all, a clog can result in a drain backflow that ends up spilling raw sewage into the home or property and let's face it - that is not only a very messy and unsanitary scenario but it can be very costly to clean that up.
If you don't want to maintain a regular schedule to clean out your sewer line then you can look for signs of trouble before the clog gets too big.
Signs That You've Got A Clog In Your Sewer Line
- Gurgling sounds from your drains or toilets.
- Water backing up out of drains or toilets.
- Water pooling around drains or toilets.
- Smell of raw sewage coming from your drains.
Cost To Clean Out Sewer Line
There are several factors that affect the cost of any plumbing project and cleaning out sewer lines is no exception.
- The severity of the blockage will affect the cost. The longer it takes to remove it, the higher your bill will be.
- Whether or not the plumber has to use a camera inspection to find the clog or check for the status of the sewer line affects your cost.
- If upon inspection, the plumber finds that the sewer line itself needs to be repaired or replaced - of course that affects your cost.
What Causes Sewage Blockages?
The main cause of sewage blockage are objects and debris but also a buildup of grease.
But often, in the Atlanta, Ga. area we do find that another main cause are tree roots that tend to grow towards sewer pipes (they are attracted to the water in the pipes).
The tree root(s) can either create a crack in the pipe or if they find an existing crack, they will then begin to creep their way in which, over time, will cause a blockage in the sewer pipe.
If you need help with sewer cleaning or sewer camera inspection, call Atlantis Plumbing today at 770-505-8570. We are here for you 24 hours a day - 7 days a week!.
We Offer Sewer Cleaning Services in Metro Atlanta and Surrounding Areas
Fulton County, Bartow County, Cobb County, Paulding County, Cherokee County, Gwinnett County, and Douglas County.
Acworth GA, Atlanta GA, Austell GA, Cartersville GA, Doraville GA, Douglasville GA, Hiram GA, Kennesaw GA, Lawrenceville GA, Lithia Springs GA, Loganville GA, Mableton GA, Marietta GA, Powder Springs GA, Rockmart GA, Roswell GA, Smyrna GA, Tucker GA, Villa Rica GA, Vinings GA, Woodstock GA, and Surrounding Communities.