Water leaking in your yard can be caused by a variety of factors, such as tree roots pushing up the ground and creating holes for water to seep through, clogged gutters or downspouts, or poor soil drainage.
If you're noticing water leaking in your yard, it's time to take notice. Here are some of the most common causes for water to leak into your yard:
- A broken or cracked pipe running under the ground that is no longer sealed correctly.
- Underground leaks from a neighbor’s house can also cause problems on your property. If there is an underground pipe leak, it will usually show up as wet spots on the lawn or driveway because of how fast groundwater spreads out.
The best thing to do if you suspect this problem is to contact a professional plumber who has experience with these types of issues and they should be able to quickly identify what needs repair and then take care of any necessary repairs right away!
What Do I Do If My Yard Is Leaking Water?
The first thing to do is to try to identify what is causing the leak. Sometimes this is very obvious, like a broken sprinkler head or a cracked pipe that is exposed.
But oftentimes, it's difficult to assess what is causing the leak without having to dig up the yard or jackhammer through some concrete or your driveway!
It can also be difficult to know who to call for what problem. But here are some tips:
- If your water bill has spiked - the most common cause would be something on your end of the plumbing so contact your plumber.
- Turning off your main water source - if you turn off the main water source to your home and your water meter stops running, then the issue in your yard may be from a city / county pipe so in this case you will want to call your water utility company.
- If you know it's your sprinklers - problems with your built in irrigation system are the most common causes of leaks in your yard. For these issues, you can contact your irrigation company.
How Do You Find A Water Leak In Your Yard?
A leak detection service is one of the best ways to find a leak, especially when it's not an obvious one.
These very sophisticated systems use ultrasonic transducers to register the sounds made by running water. The water leaking from the pipe creates a sound, which is then picked up by the transducer which then transmits information to us about where the leak is coming from.
So, whether the leak is coming from a toilet or a drain or a pipe under your cement slab, it can be detected by professional plumbers using this service.
How Much Does It Cost To Fix An Underground Water Leak?
As with any plumbing project, the cost depends entirely on...
The type of corrections that are needed to fix the problem. For example, does a pipe need to be fixed? Does it need to be replaced?
The amount of time required to find the problem and fix the problem.
The type and amount of material required to fix the problem.
Speaking with a professional plumber and getting a direct quote is the best way to find out what the cost of your particular project would be.
If you have any questions about water leaks in your yard or are having some problems with it, call Atlantis Plumbing today at 770-505-8570. We are available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
We Offer Water Leak Repair in Metro Atlanta and Surrounding Areas
Fulton County, Bartow County, Cobb County, Paulding County, Cherokee County, Gwinnett County, and Douglas County.
Acworth GA, Atlanta GA, Austell GA, Cartersville GA, Doraville GA, Douglasville GA, Hiram GA, Kennesaw GA, Lawrenceville GA, Lithia Springs GA, Loganville GA, Mableton GA, Marietta GA, Powder Springs GA, Rockmart GA, Roswell GA, Smyrna GA, Tucker GA, Villa Rica GA, Vinings GA, Woodstock GA, and Surrounding Communities.