Like many industries and businesses across the globe who are making changes to how they operate, plumbing companies will also be altering how they service and work with their clients.
We anticipate the following changes:
Scheduling A Plumbing Service
When services are scheduled the plumbing company will be asking questions like...
- Is anyone in the household sick or has been sick?
- Has anyone in the household been quarantined?
- The plumbing company will also have to answer those same questions for the homeowner.
These questions are important because everyone will need to work on protecting themselves now and in the forseeable future from exposure to the Coronavirus.
Preparing To Come Into Your Home Or Business
Before a plumber comes into someone's home or business to work, they will have to do a variety of tasks to ensure that they have done all they can to protect themselves and their customers.
We're talking about things like...
- Tools that will be used for the job must be thoroughly cleaned with a disinfectant wipe or sanitizer before they are used.
- All equipment, bags, etc. will need to be cleaned after they have been used when the plumber is ready to leave.
- The idea here is to avoid bringing in anything from the job location to the truck and vice versa.
All of us should be wearing protective wear when we venture out, especially if we are going to be anywhere indoors. The same of course will hold true for servicemen like plumbers. So what you will be seeing when the plumber comes is...
- Plumbers will need to wear gloves and other protective gear such as shoe covers, face shields and masks.
- Some service companies (such as pest control companies) are providing their service men with Tyvek suits - but for plumbers this may be difficult. We recommend you speak with your plumber about their service practices concerning these types of protection wear.
- Plumbers will be using hand sanitizer before they begin working, perhaps during and again after they have completed the job.
- The use if IPads or other tools for signatures will not be used simply because we do not want to potentially expose our customers to the covid-19 virus and vice versa.
These is much we still don't know about the Coronavirus and also how it will impact our businesses. The goal for today is to protect employees and customers as much as possible.
If you have any questions about your plumbing service and the Covid-19 pandemic, call Atlantis Plumbing today at 770-505-8570. We are available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
We Offer Plumbing Services in Metro Atlanta and Surrounding Areas
Fulton County, Bartow County, Cobb County, Paulding County, Cherokee County, Gwinnett County, and Douglas County.
Acworth GA, Atlanta GA, Austell GA, Cartersville GA, Doraville GA, Douglasville GA, Hiram GA, Kennesaw GA, Lawrenceville GA, Lithia Springs GA, Loganville GA, Mableton GA, Marietta GA, Powder Springs GA, Rockmart GA, Roswell GA, Smyrna GA, Tucker GA, Villa Rica GA, Vinings GA, Woodstock GA, and Surrounding Communities.